Sensory Development Programme (SDP) - Three Day Training Course - 20 to 22 June 2023
The Sensory Development Programme (SDP) Training Course consist of:
- Three days theoretical and practical training
- At The Sound Learning Centre in London
- From the 20th June to 22ndJuly 2023.
The Sensory Development Programme (SDP) Training course includes:
- A comprehensive course guide
- Programme manual covering background information, developmental progress evaluation and practical activities for an effective programme of daily activities.
- Lunch each day
Childhood development includes a vast array of skills, such as:
- Gross motor: including using large muscles to sit, stand, walk, run etc., keeping balance and changing positions.
- Fine motor: using hands to be able to eat, draw, dress, play, write and many other things.
- Language: listening, understanding, formulating responses, using body language and gestures, speaking.
- Cognitive: thinking skills, including learning, understanding and problem-solving, reasoning and remembering.
- Social: interacting with others, having relationships with others, having relationships with family, friends and teachers, cooperating and responding to feelings of others.
Why consider this course?
In order to understand how this takes place and how a child becomes able to do more complex things as they get older, we need to know how the interactions between the central nervous system and the senses develop. It also helps explain many issues that impede successful or expected performance.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of direct and indirect senses, how they work and interact with each other.
- Know how the sensory systems influence behaviour, experience, processing information and the learning and developmental process.
- Learn simple ways to observe and evaluate a child’s developmental stages.
- Receive developmental activities that can be implemented with children.
- Understand how retention of the primitive reflexes affect performance and the importance of their inhibition to allow postural reflex development.
- Take an in-depth look at a number of primitive and postural reflexes.
- Be able to implement new skills the next day.
What others have said:
- “This is so useful.”
- “This is only the beginning.”
- “This puts so many things I was sensing through my instinct into place.”
- "Thank you for the time I spent around you, and for the attention you gave me. The courses I studied with you were very instructive and interesting and enabled me to look at my patients with a different look, without reference to tags that are not relevant to the treatment process. Thank you for your patience and willingness to answer the many questions I had in the learning process."
For further details:
Please use our Contact Us form or alternatively telephone us on +44 (0)20 8882 1060